Monday, February 21, 2011

It's 2:30am, what are you doing?

I am awake. Wide awake.
Jameson has a bit of a cough and it woke him tonight, Dominic decided he would not be left out of this early morning party so here we sit.
Dominic playing on the floor, Jameson eating grapes, and mommy blogging. It's hopping in the Hendrix house.

Even though nights like these are hard and I get sleepy and at times frustrated, I cherish this chaos. I see the beauty in the chaos.
I look at Briana and she is so grown up now, her time as a little toddler feels like it was so long ago and it went by way too fast. I remember listening to her learn to sing her ABC's, how excited she got when she first learned to ride her bike, and how she looked when she first walked into kindergarten. And it feels so long ago.

I know that one day, before I am ready, my boys will be grown. Sleeping through the night, not wanting mommy snuggles as often....grown.
And my sweet Briana will be turning 16 way before I am ready. Then heading off to college way before I am ready.

I'm tired, I need to shower, my dishes are always backed up, and laundry is never ending but I still wish I could slow time just a little bit so I can hold onto my babies before they are no longer babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment