Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day at the ER

So Jameson seems to like this fever cause it's not going anywhere. Today was day 5 of the dang thing.

I'm not a mom to freak out over a fever, I know they have a job to do. So not a big deal but Jameson was also really cranky with his yesterday.

I had given him Motrin yesterday and 4 hours later he was mad, cranky and had a fever once again of 102.6. I wanted to give him a dose of Tylenol but was a good momma and called his doctor first to see what they thought.

"Take him to Children's ER"

Well ok then, off we go. His doctor said they were concerned since it (yesterday) had been day 4 of this stupid fever. And of course with a child his age they want to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated.

We get to the ER and they check him out and take his temp. The nurse then pulls out some Tylenol and gives it to him. I could have done that at home and not dealt with a very cranky but I am sure they wanted to see how high it was.

We go back into the room and the doctor comes in to check him out.

Ears- look great. Throat- looks fine. Rash- Nope. So a urine sample is ordered. Let me tell you, watching and helping hold down your 15 month old son for a urine sample is not fun. It was extremely sad to me because I am sure he didn't enjoy it one little bit.

Luckily the urine sample came back clean and he was very well hydrated. I gave myself a nice pat on the back for keeping him hydrated through 4 days of cranky feverishness.

End result was that he most likely he has a virus he needs to work through and as long as he's drinking water, he should be fine.

I was also told that if I give him Motrin and then 4 hours later he's upset and his fever is back up to feel free to give Tylenol.

Wow- 4 hours and most likely $500 later, I am so happy my first question was answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment