Sunday, July 26, 2009

My memories


I was looking this morning at Jameson sleeping in my arms and it made me think of when Briana used to sleep in my arms. I have pictures of her sleeping in my arms too, but not on the computer.

You see, when I had Briana forever ago I only had those little disposable cameras that took 27 pictures or something like that. Now I have 650 on my camera and right now I have 708 in my iPhone. I've come a long way from 27 freaking pictures.

Here's the thing though, I wasn't able to even get those cameras all that often. When Briana was a baby, I was broke. And I don't mean crap, I can't go out and buy new clothes this week broke; I mean crap, are we going to be able to buy food this week broke.
I bought cameras as often as I could and often took Briana to Wal-Mart to get pictures since they did $5.95 specials.
**Oh and a tidbit about me, I remember prices to a lot of things. Down to the penny. Zach laughs at me for it, but it helps knowing if I am getting a good deal or not. **

I think Briana had a great childhood. We lived with my mom in a big farm house (that was haunted, I kid you not) and I did the most free things I could find.
I can still picture Briana sitting by the TV pulling down all VHS tapes and it makes me laugh now when I watch Jameson pull down all the DVD's. Life was good, life is good.
We weren't able to go on a lot of trips, but she was able to see the ocean and spend time sledding in the mountains.
Now we have more money but not a ton of extra spending money so I remind myself that free stuff makes just as great of memories as stuff that costs a lot to kids.
I think I am gonna put together a list of cheap/free things to do with the kids and of course, blog about it.

Also, expect pictures- I take a lot now a days.

No comments:

Post a Comment