Monday, July 27, 2009

Freaking illness


Illness has struck the Hendrix household :0( Booooo

Jameson has been a little off the last few days with some not pleasant diapers, I'll spare you details for a little bit. Stopped reading now if poo stories gross you out.

Anyways, a couple days ago I was getting breakfast ready for Briana, Jameson, Alyssa (sassy niece on my side), and Elijah (cute nephew from my side). For starters Alyssa got upset that Briana had more eggs on her plate than she did.

So I explained that a 4 year olds belly can't hold as much as a 10 year old.

Damn- still upset.

So, I ever so nicely told her (read:sternly), "Two choices kid, either eat what you have and get more if you finish or go hungry."

She ate.

I got Jameson set up with his breakfast and went to get my own. As I'm eating I notice Jameson is making the poop face. All moms know the poop face.

For Jameson this was really strange because he has never poo'd while eating. Then it happened. I heard a grunt and a loud explosion come from my little man so I grabbed him up to change him and saw that he exploded right outta his pants.

Oh freaking gross.

It was everywhere. I took him into the kitchen to rinse him in the sink and his sister brought me a towel and a new diaper.

That was the start to this illness.

Yesterday Jameson once again had a much more mild albeit just as smelly explosion. Only now he felt warm and just seemed off.

I will be the first to admit we are very lucky because this is the first time he's been sick. I felt awful for him yesterday because he seemed so uncomfortable.

He ended up with a fever of 100.4 and slept a lot yesterday. But on the plus side he did drink water yesterday and some milk and ate pretty well. Just trying to make sure he keeps hydrated.

He's also playing just fine when not sleepy although he's very whiney. Very whiney.

He's passed out on my lap as I type this now so I hope he's sleeping it off so he can get better. Although my belly isn't so hot this morning.

Grrrreeeeaaat.

No comments:

Post a Comment